May 19, 2009

Its the heat talking

Incessant heat
which I can't beat;
not so sweet
hardly a treat

A terrible time to walk on the street
something I wouldn't greet
forgotten, is the pleasure to walk bare feet
now considered not-so-discreet

Beads of sweat crawling all over me
when can I break free?
Wish I could go and ski
without paying a fee

There aren't much trees in sight
Come to think of it, that gives me a fright
As if I've seen a ghost in the dark night
because the future doen't seem too bright

Lamenting, this may sound,
making one think if I'm a wild hound
on the loose, with nothing but sound
which isn't to be bound

After all, one swallow doesn't make a summer
which, methinks, is a complete bummer;
for, with the energy like a rock-band drummer
one can make a change that others would remember

Alas, here too, there is a catch
for, any change is resisted by pulling a latch
so tight that one's dream would never hatch
leaving nothing for the giver, but a dark patch

Learning to see the single ray of hope against the flood of light
might give us a little treat to the sight
which requires a great deal of courage and might
to be able to even think beyond just the night.

5 comments: